- "Är du okej, vill du att vi ska sluta?": En intervjustudie om att kommunicera samtycke i lesbiska sexpraktiker. 2016
- "Du och jag, farsan".: En genusvetenskaplig studie av fadersgestalter i "pappalitteratur".. 2016
- Tjejers användande av Instagram: Gemenskap, identitet och femininitet. 2016
- Tanter på tur: Om "tantvandringars" inverkan på konstruerandet på kön och ålder. 2016
- "With this past, you'll never become free": A qualitative interview study of female ex-combatants in Colombia. 2016
- "White Trash. Vi vet alla vad det betyder": konstruktioner av White Trash i svensk tryckt press mellan 1990 och 2015. 2016
- Klassresor i ett skiktat litterärt land: En genusvetenskaplig studie av självbiografiska klassreseberättelser. 2015
- Merit Making, Money and Motherhood: Women's Experiences of Commercial Surrogacy in Thailand. 2015
- "I don't belong anywhere. That's the problem.": (In)Between ethnicities, masculinities, and sexualities in Latino American coming-of-age novels.. 2015
- "Vi är i Sverige nu": En kvalitativ studie om samhällsorientering och medborgarfostran. 2014
As of 2016, the Centre for Gender Research at Uppsala University has the right to offer a PhD program in Gender Studies.
Carolina- and Karin Boye-libraries
We service researchers, teachers and students of the subject areas Humanities, Languages, Theology and Sociology. Both libraries offer course books, study places and workshops in information retrieval and reference management.
If you have questions, visit our information desks or contact us via Ask the Library
Education at the Centre for Gender Research
How are people’s lives affected by expectations and norms of gender, sex, sexuality, class, ethnicity, age, and other dimensions of power? How do people “do gender” in everyday life, in the media, in close relations, in politics, or at work?
Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary field of research that has grown out of feminist and women’s studies of gender and power. Within the field of Gender Studies there are many orientations, such as feminist studies, equality research, masculinity studies, women’s studies, postcolonial studies, queer studies and sexuality studies.
The education in Gender Studies focuses on how sex and gender are socially and culturally constructed, experienced, and understood both locally and globally. One central focal point is the power asymmetries that historically, culturally, and socially have defined women’s and men’s social roles and status. However, Gender Studies also problematizes the conventional binaries of male/female and masculine/feminine, and investigates other identity categories. The subject explores and questions societal norms around, for example, sexuality, queer, ethnicity, racialization, class, age, and functionality. Gender Studies also entails reflecting critically upon concepts such as power, politics, normality, agency, and work.
The first semester of undergraduate study (Genusvetenskap A) offers breadth in terms of current theoretical concerns, and (cross/inter)disciplinary perspectives. The second (Genusvetenskap B) and third (Genusvetenskap C) semesters entail more in-depth study of selected thematic and theoretical perspectives, method and methodology, and academic writing. Our undergraduate program is only offered in Swedish.
The MA level offers courses in English. MA courses are available to students enrolled in programs on the advanced level, as well as to PhD candidates across disciplines.