Education and Science Research Group
The research group, EduS (Education and Science), works with projects seeking to explore different pedagogical spaces, teacher- and student identities, and learning strategies. We are interested in how knowledge and identities are formed within various educational institutions. How do subject cultures, understanding of knowledge, language and pedagogical practices affect teaching- and identity processes? How are the power relationships within these processes challenged, and in what ways are they gendered?
Researchers in the EduS group are Kristina Andersson, Generosa Cossa José, Anna Danielsson, Maja Elmgren,Susanne Engström, Annica Gullberg, Katerina Günter, Cathrine Hasse, Anita Hussénius, Carolyn Jackson, Anders Johansson, Petra Korall, Johanna Larsson, Juvêncio Manuel Nota, Anne-Sofie Nyström, Minna Salminen-Karlsson, Kate Scantlebury, Cecilia Rodéhn and Catarina Wahlgren.
Ongoing projects and activities
Currently, two major research projects funded by the Swedish Research Council (VR) are conducted within the group, as well as four doctoral projects and one pedagogical project. To learn more about the ongoing projects, please click on the links below:
- Discourse and culture in physics teacher education (PhD project, Johanna Larsson)
- Representations, participation and perspectives - where are the Children in preschool pedagogic documentation? (PhD project, Catarina Wahlgren)
- In the borderland between academic disciplines and school science - Science faculty as teacher educators (VR)
- Staging the successful student in higher education: A comparative study of men, masculinities, and self-worth-protecting strategies in competitive contexts (VR)
- Becoming a biologist – students’ identity formation in higher biology education (PhD project, Katerina Günter)
- Gender issues in Mozambican Higher Education Institutions with focus on Women participation in research and university governance: a case study of the Pedagogical University (PhD project, Juvêncio Manuel Nota)
- Issues of Gender Mainstreaming in Mozambique: a case study at University Eduardo Mondlane (PhD project, Generosa Cossa José)
- Norms and values in a chemistry discourse: Discursive analyses of the Swedish national test in chemistry and student answers (PhD Project, Marie Ståhl)
- Who can become a physicist? Discourse, culture and identity in physics education (PhD project, Anders Johansson)
- Cultural heritage as a pedagogical tool in higher education at Uppsala University (pedagogical project)
- Challenging science teacher education – gender awareness in constructing knowledge of science and science teaching